Monday, 19 January 2015

More progress

I've finished the tutorial that I have been working through and I'm not moving on to more customised elements. Currently I have produced a basic wordpress theme that is responsive and styled to display pretty much any content that can be put onto it in a basic but pleasant manner. It also has some additional cosmetic features such as pull quotes, a search bar that hides and unhides itself on a button click, social media icons which work through font-awesome and resize with the browser(The search icon also does this) and support for enclosed captions in image galleries.

This wordpress theme also has an accessible dropdown menu which is keyboard navigable, has a closing delay to make it easier to use with impaired motor functions and a "Skip to content" feature for screen readers. 

 I'm now moving onto creating a custom page template and implementing a payment system. A screenshot of my progress is below.





 You'll probably notice that the title is currently pink; that's a left over from me finally getting custom css files for each template to work. This is implemented by a fairly simple If > Else If function when enqueueing the scripts in functions.php to match the appropriate page template, but it took me a while to actually get it working. After a while using the firefox developer toolbar to look over which css styles were in place and testing various breakpoints, I managed to eventually figure out that there had been a connection error that I had overlooked when uploading one of the files and the template was hosted on the server under the incorrect (old) filename. I write this blog post after having just fixed this and gotten the css working.

No comments:

Post a Comment