Most of my time has been taken up by my other projects at the moment, but in the time I have I've been looking at tutorials for creating wordpress themes and modifying existing ones.
The tutorial I have decided to use to get my initial grip on wordpress themes is one by . This tutorial looks at creating original themes based on the Underscores starter theme.
My plan is to follow this tutorial and create my own regular wordpress theme, and from there work on making it responsive. After that I'll start looking at other things, such plugins to handle paypal payments and various little responsive features such as borders and variable sized images within wordpress.
The tutorial can be found at http://www.lynda.com/underscores-tutorials/WordPress-Building-Themes-from-Scratch-Using-Underscores/163092-2.html (Paid service, requires Lynda account to fully view) and I'm also going to be looking through https://developers.google.com/web/fundamentals/layouts/rwd-fundamentals/ to refresh myself on general responsive web design and see some different approaches to the ones I already know.
No comments:
Post a Comment