Sunday, 3 May 2015

Live server

The WooCommerce modifications required a fair bit of reading up on the PHP behind the plugin, but once I'd wrapped by head around how WooCommerce worked it wasn't a massive bit of coding to add the functionality that the charity was looking for.

The popups for the Staff Page weren't much harder, but they did require some wrestling with the wordpress editor and how it has weird effects when you directly type code into it, changing or adding elements to some styles of code.

I've had another meeting with the charity and they're happy with how everything is looking, so now the next step is to get going! I'm going to bring the new theme and content into the live site in stages:

  1. Edit several  of the larger pages (Mainly those holding information about the horses or those which don't rely on the new theme/plugins)
  2. Take the website offline (Maintainence mode) and install the new plugins and theme.
  3. Work through the rest of the pages, copying the code which I've already formatted into the live site.
  4. Look through the site briefly, making sure nothing major has broken and that key infrmation areas are all functional.
  5. Bring the site back online and go through full testing.

No comments:

Post a Comment